The ALS20000 was designed to have exceptional velocity control, low vibration, high accuracy, and excellent throughput, making it the ideal solution for imaging and precision inspection applications.
High Performance in a Compact Package
ALS20000 series stages incorporate the highest quality materials and design elements. The result is a high-reliability linear stage with excellent accuracy, straightness and flatness performance, and a virtually unlimited, trouble-free service life.
Recognizing the importance of stage stiffness, the ALS20000 linear bearings are supported by the maximum cross-section possible while still maintaining an overall low profile. Outstanding system straightness and flatness are obtained particularly in XY configurations.
Linear Motor Drive
Unlike other linear motor stage designs that utilize an iron-core flat motor design, the ALS20000 is driven by a high-power ironless forcer and U-channel magnet track. This design is superior in high-performance applications. Since the BLM is ironless, it is a cog-free design. The lack of cogging enables extremely tight velocity control as well as superior contour motion profiles without sacrificing speed or acceleration. The magnetic field of the BLM motor is totally self-contained within the U-channel design. Most high-performance applications cannot tolerate the stray magnetic fields generated by flat motor magnet tracks.
The BLM’s magnet track is composed of opposing rows of high-power magnets that help to generate high output forces. This approach eliminates the need for an iron-based core, which has an inherent magnetic attraction between the forcer and the magnet track. This attractive force presents an additional load to the bearings that reduces stage life and performance.
Cable Management System
Extensive R&D has resulted in an optimized cable management system (CMS) that is designed for millions of cycles of maintenance-free operation. Designed to provide a turnkey system for both single- and multi-axis systems, upper-axis cabling is incorporated into the overall system CMS. To facilitate integration into the final system, a spare 25-pin D-connector and cabling are included for customer use. Custom configurations are common and are readily available.
1. 80 VDC bus limit with standard ribbon cable. Up to 320 VDC is available with round cables.
2. Current values based on high performance (-P) magnet track.
3. Maximum speed based on stage capability. Maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
4. Maximum load based on bearing capability. Maximum application load may be limited by acceleration requirements.
5. Available with Aerotech controllers.
6. Specifications are for single-axis systems, measured 50 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.