Aerotech’s ABRT series rotary air-bearing stages provide superior angular positioning, velocity stability, and error motion performance along with impressive payload capacity and outstanding radial and axial stiffness. The ABRT is designed to meet the exacting requirements of DVD mastering, wafer inspection, high precision metrology applications, X-ray diffraction systems, optical inspection and fabrication, and MEMS/nanotechnology device fabrication.
Superior Mechanical Design
The ABRT design features large air-bearing surfaces and innovative preloading for high stiffness and load capacity, producing not only excellent axial and radial error motions, but outstanding tilt error motion, as well. The resultant performance is significantly better than other rotary airbearing tables and spindles, greatly benefiting applications requiring exceptional planar performance. Furthermore, this stage family provides a clear aperture that can be used for product feed-through, laser beam delivery, cable clearance, or application-specific requirements.
To maximize positioning performance, the ABRT series utilizes optimized versions of Aerotech’s S-series slotless, brushless motor. The motor uses an advanced magnetic circuit design to produce high torque output with minimal heat generation. The slotless design is inherently zero-cogging and torque-ripple-free. This makes ABRT stages ideal for applications requiring smooth scan velocities at low or high speeds.
An optical encoder is standard with the ABRT. When coupled with Aerotech’s feedback multipliers and controls, resolutions of <0.03 arc second are achievable.
Custom versions of the ABRT are available to satisfy rate table and high precision inertial guidance test-stand applications. Other features, such as slip rings and rotary unions, are available.
Aerotech manufactures a wide range of servo amplifiers and advanced controllers to provide a complete, integrated package.
1. Maximum resolution presumes A3200 controller using MXH500 multiplication, and accounts for controller quadrature.
2. Maximum speed based on stage capability. Maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
3. Maximum loads are mutually exclusive.
4. All error motion specifications measured at 60 rpm.
5. To protect air bearing against under-pressure, an in-line pressure switch tied to the motion controller is recommended.
6. Air supply must be clean, dry to 00 F dew point, and filtered to 0.25 um or better. Recommend nitrogen at 99.9% purity.